« Home | We Love The Fourth Green Field » | Tiger on the loose » | Fact-checking Constantine » | If you go to see nothing else this week... » | Blog administrative stuff » | Quote of the Day » | Irish tech journo throws hissy fit » | It must be that turn of the Wheel again... » | JoBlog » | Bolton's first lovenote to the World » 

Thursday, September 01, 2005 

New Orleans

Everyones' thoughts and prayers are going out now to the people of New Orleans and the surrounding countryside (Billmon of Whiskey Bar has the most interesting piece of journalism I've seen today). Please, give to the Red Cross if you can.

The evidence of reckless negligence makes me very, very angry indeed (though no-one should be surprised by anything that this most corrupt and incompetent of US administrations does). As does this, and this inevitable Fundie religious crap. And don't get me started on what Jonah Goldberg has been proclaiming, and what he then followed up by saying.

Yes, I'm venting. I'm sorry. But the sight of rich, privileged right-wing shits like Goldberg or Limbaugh sneering at the poor of New Orleans - a lot of whom are now dead - is nauseating to watch.

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates