« Home | Smile for the tourists » | Paging Madam Editor... » | A Few Words from The Editor » | "a personal disaster" » | Incompetence » | Welcome to Globalization Institute think-tank » | Bush-lovers' naivete knows no bounds » | So, where's Michael Collins then? » | Rove: "I am a source, not a target" » | Men of the South » 

Sunday, July 31, 2005 

More on Jean Charles de Menezes

In a familiar turn of events (at least, to anyone paying attention to the antics of Irish security/crime/whatever correspondants for the past couple of decades), it is now becoming evident that lies were quickly spun out to journalists to cover for the police killing of the innocent Brazilian on the London Tube last week.

Tom Raftery (in a departure from his usual tech news) has the details, along with a pretty good reason as to why head-shots don't necessarily work.

PS I see Dick Waghorne has now downgraded de Menezes from
"an attempted suicide-bomber"

to being
"wrongly thought to have been one of the dozen or so suspects in the London bombing"

Really? Just which suspect was he "thought" to have been, then?

PPS THIS Old Brit has an intriguing post.

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates