« Home | On Leave » | Some notices for the Apple pro-video users out there » | That Crazy RTÉ » | As Ever, Follow The Money » | Shinners coming in from the cold? » | Question to the floor » | Who is Nicholas Langman? » | Rendezvous in the Global War on Wingnuttery » | Meme time » | Life imitating Python » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

Initial Impressions on the Irish Daily Mail

We could never resist a freebie being given out in the streets.

On a scale of one to ten (one being the sandpaper recycled bogroll on issue in the Defence Forces through the Nineties, ten being Andrex Quilts) we'd award it a six. Satisfying but without that je ne sais quo to be gained from wiping your derriére with An Irishman's Diary (8/10).


Update 06/02/06:

Twenty Major would clearly disagree on our scoring.
"With that in mind there really is no need for the Daily Mail to publish an Irish edition. If I was caught short after a particularly heavy night on the tiles and I scrambled my way into a public toilet and unleashed the full fury of my bowels only to find there was no toilet paper I still wouldn't use the Daily Mail to wipe my arse. I'd rather just use my hand or my underwear."
And who are we to argue with that?

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates