« Home | The Freedom Institute weigh in on Morris » | Dobranoc! » | Aid to African dictatorships » | Curious goings-on in the DFA » | Suggestions for Mac blogging tool? » | Getting away with it? » | Lusk, the Morris Report and Dogs that aren't barking » | Seán Doherty RIP » | Dell suffering from Apple Envy? » | Apple Media Centre device coming today? » 

Friday, June 24, 2005 

An American Speaks Out

I know that when I started this blog it was with the stated intention of focussing on Irish issues, but sometimes there's good reason to break the rules. One such is the recent disgusting comments (since repeated by other US Republicans) by Bush chief-of-staff Karl Rove about the US Democratic party, which should earn the condemnation of all decent people.

Patriotboy over at the Jesus' General satirical blog has come out of character to speak out against this ghastly new smear campaign by the Republicans. I leave you with his words for the weekend:

"When you're the father of two beautiful daughters, your house becomes a gathering place for young men. That was certainly the case when my daughters were in high school. We were lucky, most of them were good kids. I spent quite a bit of time with them and got to know them very well.

Now they're coming home from war. The all American boy with a heart of gold talks of his hate for "hajis" and wishes we could nuke the place. The class clown sits in his room all day staring at the Cartoon Channel while self medicating with pot and booze. The nice liberal Jewish boy who melted my wife's yenta heart tells us in a dispassionate, far-away monotone that "killing those animals was like stepping on ants." Our "son" screams at night.

My heart breaks for these boys we adopted in their teenage years. They've lost their souls. And for what?"

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates