« Home | Corruption in politics » | Time's Blog of the Year suffers another setback » | Death of a good soldier » | The Photo-Op King strikes again » | Instructive lesson on the 'freedom of speech' of t... » | Strange goings-on in Iraq invasion aftermath » | Favourite new satirical blog » | The 'Land of the Free'? » | The Humanity Dick Award » | Challenging some popular misconceptions of World W... » 

Sunday, January 08, 2006 

Trouble for Tony

The Australian (quoting a Mail on Sunday article):
"A LEADING British Army officer believes Prime Minister Tony Blair should be impeached for his role in the war in Iraq, the Mail on Sunday reported.

General Sir Michael Rose, a former UN commander in Bosnia, was quoted by the right-of-centre Mail on Sunday as saying: "I think the politicians should be held to account ... my view is that Blair should be impeached.

"That would prevent the politicians treating quite so carelessly the subject of taking a country into war.""
If there's one retired general going so far as to say it, then there's a hundred thinking it. So much for the much ballyhooed 'Blair legacy'.

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates