« Home | Hiatus Part Deux » | Serenity » | Freedom of Speech, China-style. » | Teachers now being executed in Iraq » | Carole Coleman on the Bush interview » | Free Enterprise returns to Iraq » | 'Irish Blog Awards' » | Farewell to the FCÁ » | Fisking Bush » | Vienna - Open Source RSS reader for Mac » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

Academic Standards

Michael Berubé appears to have resolved one of the great questions of our time:
"And yes, I know I was finishing this book last fall and then again last spring. But this time I’m really finishing it. Just you wait and see. This is gonna be the most finished book I’ve ever finished.

Of course, it would have been easier to write books the Jonah Goldberg way (the link is to Brad DeLong, because for some reason this item is no longer available in the NRO archives):

WANTED: HERBERT SPENCER EXPERT [Jonah Goldberg] I’m working on a chapter of the book which requires me to read a lot about and by Herbert Spencer. There’s simply no way I can read all of it, nor do I really need to. But if there are any real experts on Spencer out there—regardless of ideological affiliation—I’d love to ask you a few questions in case I’m missing something.
But I just couldn’t go that route, dear friends. As you know, I have dedicated much of my life over the past two years to solving the mystery of why there aren’t more conservatives on college faculties. And I think I may, at long last, have discovered an important clue."
We reckon he has, too.

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates