« Home | The return of the phantom WMD! » | Apple to become Intel Inside(tm)? » | Recognising fallen UN veterans » | The Free Stater Manifesto » 

Sunday, June 05, 2005 

McCreevey: EU needs more Sex to reconnect to voters

From the Sunday Business Post (link), Irish EU Commissioner Charlie McCreevey:

"McCreevy said that governing elites in Brussels and in member states must “reconnect with the thinking of the ordinary citizen'‘. “I am talking about the great majority of people for whom transatlantic dialogues, inter-institutional committees, gender institutes and the like hold little interest. They are people who just want to earn a decent living, be able to afford a few pints, go to a game of football and have a bit of sex."

Now that's a European project I (and most young Irish people) can heartily agree with!

"Libel"-Richard Waghorne
"Attack blog"-Damien Mulley

About me

  • An early-thirties male Irish technologist living and working in Dublin, I'm a former (recovering) member of both Fianna Fáil and the Roman Catholic Church.

    I'm not a member of any political party these days, but my opinions can be broadly categorised as 'lefty' and republican. I am also a former member of the Irish Defence Forces.

    Please feel free to check out the FI Fie Foe Fum group blog, where I was once a regular contributor, and the Cedar Lounge Revolution, where I can usually be found in the comments.

    (This blog and its contents reflect only my own personal opinions as a private citizen, and not those of any other person or organisation.)

www.flickr.com

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates